fredag, juli 20, 2012

Nasserdine Menni skyldig - var Taimour Abdulwahabs finansiär

Skotsk rätt har idag befunnit Nasserdine Menni skyldig till medhjälp till självmordsdådet på Bryggargatan i Stockholm i december 2010. Menni anses skyldig till finansiering av terrorism, men frias för åtalspunkten medhjälp till mord.


A jury at the High Court in Glasgow found that Algerian Nasserdine Menni supplied money to Taimour Abdulwahab to help fund the attack. 
Police recovered a mobile phone from Abdulwahab's body from which he had made two calls earlier that day to a mobile in Glasgow. 
Within days, Menni - who was known to some in Glasgow as an asylum seeking Kuwaiti called Ezeeden Al-Khaledi - had been identified as the owner of the phone. 
He was placed under surveillance and the subsequent investigation revealed extensive links between the two men. 
The court was told that Menni is believed to have come to the UK in 2005. 
From April that year he worked at Magna Seating at Dunstable, making seats for the automotive industry. 
He was employed under the name of Emmanuel Philip Bernard, and claimed he was French. He lived in Luton, where he became friendly with Abdulwahab. 
According to police, the two men became close after meeting in Luton and were in contact on a daily basis, by phone, email and in person. 
Abdulwahab is said to have became radicalised at some point and his views caused concern among others at a mosque he attended in Luton. 
It is thought that Menni also became radicalised in early 2009. In April that year he left his job in Dunstable in an apparent attempt to distance himself from Abdulwahab. 
After surfacing in Liverpool, he claimed asylum using the identity of a Kuwaiti Bedouin called Ezeeden Al-Khaledi. 
As part of the asylum dispersal programme, he was sent to Glasgow where he lived in a number of locations around the city. 
During this time he used a number of aliases to fraudulently claim benefits. He also managed to save money from various jobs. 
Police later discovered that Menni had a number of bank accounts in various aliases through which he transferred cash to Abdulwahab to fund the terror plot. 
Menni deposited amounts totalling £5,725 which helped pay for Abdulwahab's trips abroad for the "purposes of Jihad" and the Audi car used in the bombing. 
Another £1,000 was sent intended for Abdulwahab's wife after his death. 
It emerged during the trial that Menni and Abdulwahab also had access to an email address with a password that included the figures "911" - thought to be a reference to the Twin Towers attack in New York. 
It is believed they would discuss tactics with each other in messages saved in the account's "drafts" folder before they were deleted. This meant no emails were ever actually sent between them leaving no trail. 
Menni also suspiciously used other people's computers while in Glasgow to contact Abdulwahab - despite having the means to buy one for himself. 
Police eventually homed in on Menni on 15 December 2010 - days after the blast. 
Menni, who was described in court as an "intelligent, but accomplished liar", claimed to have no knowledge of the suicide bomber despite having recently sent £1,000 for his wife.
He had also left Abdulwahab a distressed voicemail asking: "Why did you kill yourself?" 
Detectives kept watch on Menni and raided his 19th floor tower block flat in Glasgow's Whiteinch area on 7 March last year. 
The agencies involved in bringing him to justice following the bombing, include the FBI, the Swedish, French, Algerian , Norwegian, Kuwaiti, and UK police and security services.

torsdag, juli 19, 2012

Svenske Mehdi Ghezali pekas ut som självmordsbombare i Bulgarien

Bulgarisk press pekar ut den svenske före detta Guantanamofången Mehdi Ghezali som den självmordsbombare som på onsdagen sprängde en buss full med israeliska turister i Burgas.

The Times of Israel rapporterar:

Bulgarian media on Thursday named the suicide bomber who blew up a bus full of Israeli tourists, killing five Israelis and a local bus driver, in the Black Sea resort of Burgas on Wednesday as Mehdi Ghezali. 
There was no independent confirmation of the veracity of the information. The reports surfaced soon after Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had publicly accused Hezbollah, directed by Iran, of responsibility for the bombing. The Prime Minister’s Office made no comment on the reports.

The Bulgarian reports, rapidly picked up by Hebrew media, posited various versions of how the bomber had detonated the bomb, including the suggestion that the bomber had not intended to die in the blast, but may have wanted to place the bomb on the bus and flee.

Svenska Säkerhetspolisen dementerar uppgifterna.
"– Vi avfärdar det här namnet. Jag kan inte utveckla det mer, säger Claes Ohlsson, vakthavande befäl på Säpo."

tisdag, juli 03, 2012

Svensklibanesisk Hizbollahman inför rätta

På måndagen ställdes den svensklibanesiske Atris Hussein inför rätta i Thailand.

Jewish News One:

"In Thailand a Swedish man of Lebanese descent has attended court charged with possessing explosive materials. 
Police say that the accused, Atris Hussein, is a suspected member of Hezbollah. 
Authorities arrested him after following him to a rented house in Bangkok which was full of bomb-making materials. Hussein is accused of possessing large quantities of the fertilizer ammonium nitrate but denies the charges."